Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Best Bagel I ever ate



The other day I saw the new food network magazine and it had a really delicius looking sandwich on the cover. I bought the magazine and since that I was thinking about making that sandwich. (plus a ton of other recipes they had in that issue) So today I made a twist of this sandwich and it was as yummi as it looks
What you need for 1 bagel:
1 Bagel (I used a everything, but I guess it's up to you)
4-6 slices of Mozzarella cheese
half an onion
half an apple
1 tbs butter
6-8 slices of lean thinly sliced ham
cut the onion in thin half rings and cook them in half of the butter until brown and caramelized.
In the mean time, cut the bagel in half and put the rest of the butter on it. (if you like it a little crunchy and toast the bagel or put it in the pan for a couple minutes with the buttered side down)
Thinly slice the apple.
Put half of the cheese on the downside of the bagel, stack it with half of the ham.
spread the onions over it and on top of the onions come the apple slices.
Stack it with the rest of the cheese and the ham.
Place the bagel carefully back into the pan, press it down sligthly and have it cooked over low heat until the cheese starts to melt.
As you can see, there was nothing left.. I didn't even share it, it was all mine!!!
I think Panera bread should take "my" bagel on the menu I would go there even more than I already do!!!

2 comments:

MiMa said...

*schmatz* sieht richtig lecker aus!!! Und ich wünsche mir ein Mal mehr wieder einen Bäcker, der in der Nähe der Arbeit ist :)

Julia said...

APPLE?? wow!