Monday, November 24, 2008

Filled Bread for Kerstin

My friend Kerstin asked me about that filled bread that I made for Caiden's Birthday. Unfortunatly I didn't make pics when I put it together, but I will post some as soon as I make it again.
You need:
1 cup chopped and cooked chicken (about 2 Chicken breasts)
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/4 fresh snipped basil
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shreded mozarella cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic glove pressed
2 pcks french bread dough
1 egg yolk beaten
tsp italian seasoning
preheat oven to 375 F
combine Chicken, basil and pepper, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, mozarella cheese, garlic and mayonnaise, mix well.
place the bread dough with seams sides up, on a cutting board. slice each loaf lengthwise halfway through the center of loaf, spread open flat and open for about 4 inches creating a well down center of each loaf.
Spoon half of the chicken mix in center of each loaf. Gather up edges over the filling, pinching firmly to seal.
Place loafs with seams down on a baking pan, crisscross the loafs.
use the egg yolk to brush on the dough, sprinkle with the italian seasoning and the parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30-32 min until deep golden brown.

1 comment:

♥Kerstin♥ said...

Suuper, klingt total lecker. Ich druck es mir gleich mal aus. Werd ich bald mal machen. Vielen Dank fuers posten.

LG Kerstin